…to do your own GELISH gel nails!! (I use the brand Gelish. It’s all I know and all I can vouch for!)
- UV Lamp (This cures the gel. Gel will not dry or cure on it’s own and each layer needs to be cured for two minutes under the lamp.)
UPDATE 6/19/12: I just purchased a LED nail lamp. It is AWESOME! It only takes 30 seconds (versus the 2 min minutes with the UV lamp) to cure each layer and it saves your hands from the UV rays that the traditional lamps give off. I bought mine on Ebay. Just search “LED nail lamp” and make sure to purchase the correct one. The cheapest I’ve been able to find the LED lamp for is just under $100. If you do buy from Ebay make sure to buy from a US seller. Otherwise you may end up buying from China and waiting weeks for it to arrive. I typically choose California sellers because it ships faster. Do yourself a favor and invest in the LED nail lamp. You won’t be sorry.
- pH Bond (This dries out the nail and prepares it for the foundation gel.) I also use PRO Bond….google it.
- Foundation Gel (Essentially just a gel base coat. It is the first layer that needs to be cured under the light.)
Harmony Gelish FOUNDATION / Base Gel
- Gel Color (I always do at least two coats. It’s worth it. You’ll see!)
- Top it off
(This is the Gel Top Coat. It makes the polish look so pretty! Don’t freak out after you cure this coat…it will feel sticky. However, it is cured all the way. You just have to wipe the stickiness off with…wait for it…wait for it….ACETONE. Crazy? Huh? Trust me it works. You’ll be amazed.)
- Acetone/Cotton Balls (After you’ve cured the top coat. Get a cotton ball with some acetone and wipe off each nail. Once you’ve done this your gel nail polish application is complete! It’s amazing!
This is a great MINI starter kit for those interested in trying out the gel for themselves. You would still need a UV Lamp or LED lamp and a Gel Color. Here it is: